Open a new image by clicking
FILE => NEW
2. Set the file size to the dimension of the button you wish to create. In this case
I selected width = 125 pixels and height = 50 pixels.
3. Click the layer menu and select
4. Select the marquee tool as ELIPSE and draw an oaval marquee on layer1. Fill this with
the color button you want. In this tutorial we used orange.
5. Double click LAYER
1. This will bring up your LAYER STYLES window. Check and highlight
BEVEL and EMBOSS. Set the style to INNER BEVEL. Set the technique to
smooth. To make the button look raised, select direction UP.
Set the other
values as in the diagram below. Make the highlight color a light
shade of the color of the oval. The shadow color should be a dark
shade of the oval
Add a lens flare to the lightest part of the oval but clicking
7. Your button should
now look like the button on the right. It is time to add text
layers, one layer for each menu item.
Type in the work HOME in your favorite font and size, in a deep
orange (contrasting color).
9. Double click the text layer to bring
op the layer style panel.
10. Select bevel and emboss. This time
we will use a pillow style, make the direction DOWN so it will look
burned into the button. Select the shading to be opposite the global
setting, you will need to uncheck global. Select the following
11. The end result
for button number one is here. Save it.
When you want another
button, you hide the current text layer and add your new text to a
new layer and repeat 9-11 above.