Photo to Graphic Pen Sketch
1. Open a good clear photo with some one face as the subject to be sketch. At this point press D to reset the default colors.
2. Change the resolution to 100 - ( Image => Image size => resolution 100 => ok
3. Us the lasso tool to cut the face out from the picture.
4. Open a new canvas with a white background 8x10 inches, resolution of 72 and drag the cut face onto the new canvas.
5. Bring up the blur tool at 100% brush size 45 and blur the out side edge around the face, this will be layer 1
6. Resize the face to fit two thirds of the canvas (Edit => transform => scale) it will depend on how clear your picture is if you see pixels
7. Duplicate layer 1 and name it Sketch
8. Desaturate this layer (Image => adjust => Desaturate).
Now (Filter => Sketch => Graphic Pen. Use these setting
- Stroke length 15.
- Light / Dark 50.
- Right Diagonal.
- Click OK
9. Click on layer 1 and duplicate it. Name the copied layer, layer 3 and drag it above the sketch layer. In the blending drop down Click on Luminosity and lower the opacity to 58% or what ever looks good to you
10. Turn off layer 1
A oval back ground can be added by following step 8 and drag below the sketch layer