Making Texture Tiles for use as patterns and backgrounds
Back to Textures Page
1. Open a new image
Save the file as texture.psd. If you already have one, use the one you have
to add layers to.
- Call it Texture
- 200 wide
- 200 high
- 72 pixels per inch
- White background
2. Insert a new layer. Call it SAND.
3. Color it Tan using the paint bucket and hex #F9E5B1 for foreground.
Double click the foreground color. Uncheck web safe colors and add the hex
value F9E5B1 to the box labeled #.
Click Filter=>Noise=>Add Noise.
Amount = 20
Distribution = Gaussian
5. Click ok.
6. This texture should tile without further adjustment.
7. Save your PSD for additional textures. Save your file in Gif or jpg
also for the web.
8. Adjust your colors using hue/saturations. save again.
to Textures Page