1. Open new canvas that is 200
pixels wide by 200 pixels high RGB white. 72 ppi.
2. Set your foreground color to green hex #333300 and background color to
light brown hex #996633. Select your gradient set to a reflected gradient.
While holding your shift key down, Draw a gradient from the center of
your canvas to the right edge.
Click filter=> texture=> textiurizer. Set the following settings:
- Select Load texture. Find the texture that is labeled "Snake Skin.psd"
which will be in your adobe\photoshop7\presets\textures folder.
- set the scaling to 100%
- set the relief to 20
- light direction to top left.
Click filter=> distort=> wave. Set the wave to the following
- generators =1
- Wavelength = 1, 250
- amplitude = 50,300
- Scale = 1, 100
- type = sine
- undefined areas = wrap around.
Click filter=> other offset. Offset
- 100 pixels horizontal and
- 100 pixels vertical
- Wrap around.
6. Use the Clone stamp tool to fix the "edges" that show up. Alt click on
good areas and click on areas with similar color and click to apply the
rubber stamp area. Continue doing this till there are no edges in the canvas.
7. Save your texture by clicking edit=> define pattern. Save it as snake
skin. Then go into edit=> preset manager and save the snake skin as a set.